Sunday 8 July 2012

Rubber Fetish?

I've not posted for a while, mainly due to the weather, which has been typical of a Scottish Summer, wet, wild and windy, though mainly wet. The only comfort is that it has been far worse down south where they have encountered flooding, mainly in the north of England, it's strange that they still have hose pipe bans.

Shakespeare Waist Wader
After unsuccessfully fishing in wellies and getting soaked, I decided to get myself a cheap pair of waders. I wanted waist waders as they were just as cheap as thigh waders but more practical for fishing, such as sitting on wet grass or wading up to my arse. Sadly buying cheap waders doesn't include those light, breathable ones made of a few layers of materials. Cheap waders mean PVC or rubber or similar materials, sweat inducing materials, the kind of stuff that makes you sweat just trying to get the waders on and once they are on, you pray for a cold wind just to stop the sweat running down your legs.

I bought the cheapest I could find - a pair of waist waders by Shakespeare in a size 1 for £27.99 including delivery. I am normally a 10 but wanted a bit of room for thick socks. They arrived the following day and on opening the parcel, I understood why they were quickly despatched - the stink of rubber is overpowering, god knows what a shop full of them must be like. I then tried them on only for my partner to laughingly accuse me of being kinky and having a rubber fetish.

They are a good fit and I'm glad I ordered them in an 11 as the smaller size would have been a bit tight in the feet. They seem well made but I will report back on them when I get out fishing. You get a repair kit with the waders - reassuring.........not.

No comments:

Post a Comment