Friday 5 October 2012

Fly Tying Materials

I've been buying materials for tying my own flies now that the Brown Trout season is almost over. Bought a lot off ebay such as hooks, capes and dubbing but I found a really good site called Troutline, which sells an excellent range of materials and at very reasonable prices and with fairly cheap postage costs considering it is in Romania. Found the Troutline site on the Fly Forum, as the store is run by one of the members called Lucian. He sells a fly tying vice that I have had my eye on for months, and I will probably bite the bullet and order it. It's called a Jan Tvrdek Harmonic Rotary Vice. I first noticed the vice on YouTube where a fly tyer called Lyndsay Simpson  uses one and highly recommends it. I particularly like the way it holds the hook, leaving lots of room to tie in materials at the back of the fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment