Wednesday 7 November 2012

Fly Tying

I started tying my own flies only recently and after a few weeks of fumbling and cursing, I feel that I am beginning to get the hang of it. A big thanks must go to Davie McPhail, Lindsay Simpson and a few other excellent fly tiers on You Tube that I follow, they make it look easy, it's not. In fact I have been so busy tying flies that I ran out of fly boxes to keep them in.. A look around the internet got me interested in an Airflo Competition Fly Box, which holds over a thousand flies, is fairly compact, is waterproof and light. I bought one and I am really impressed with the quality, it's not large and it will slip into a fishing bag fairly easily, though I imagine I will mainly use it to store flies and then decant some into a smaller fly box when I go fishing. Strangely, I now have an urge to fill the thing with flies, which will keep me busy through the Winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment